What can we help you with today?
How do I get in contact with Shoes & Sox?
You can contact us by sending an enquiry through our Contact Us page or call us directly on 03 8671 1746 and speak to our friendly Customer Service Team.
Where can I buy Shoes & Sox?
Take a look at our Store Locator page. Otherwise you can call us on 03 8671 1746 and one of our Customer Service Team Members can direct you to your local stockist.
When will my child start walking?
According to a study by the World Health Organisation, the average age at which infants start walking with assistance is 9.2 months, standing alone at 11 months, and taking two to three steps on their own around 12 months.
However, it’s important to remember that every child makes these transitions when they’re ready – and your child will do so in their own time too. That’s why we advise a likely age range of between about 10 to 18 months as a guide.
The most important thing is not to force a child to walk before he/she is ready. Relax and enjoy their development, and they will take these wonderful first steps when the time is right – for them.
When should my child be fitted with their first pair of shoes?
Your toddler will not need shoes until they are walking unaided. Generally speaking this will occur at approximately 4 weeks after your toddler has started taking their first steps. This first pair will likely be a very soft pre-walking shoe providing the right protection for your toddler. At this stage some support and a lot of protection from hard and soft surfaces is important.
What happens when First Shoes are fitted in store?
One of our Shoes & Sox Fit Consultants will conduct a simple and relaxed 5-step process to ensure a perfect fit at this important time:
- Step 1: They will precisely measure your child's feet. (Never get stuck on a child's shoe size because it will vary from style to style and brand to brand.)
- Step 2: Your Shoes & Sox Fitting Specialist will then advise you regarding the styles that are most appropriate for your child’s feet, and help you make a decision with your child’s foot health and budget in mind.
- Step 3: Next, your Shoes & Sox Fitting Specialist will carefully guide your child’s toes into the selected shoes and fasten them securely and appropriately. This is the first time your child has had shoes on their feet and a very special moment (bring your camera).
- Step 4: Your little one will then show off their new-found skill and stand to allow your Shoes & Sox Fitting Specialist to feel around each shoe and check for perfect fit across the toe, instep, ankle and heel.
- Step 5: Your Shoes & Sox Fitting Specialist will then watch your child walk to ensure there is no slippage in the shoe and your child’s feet are well supported and comfortable.
Why are width fittings so important?
Less than 30% of children have 'average' width feet. So a wide choice of width fittings is critical to assist in achieving a comfortable fit and the healthy development of all young growing feet.
How often should I have my child’s feet checked?
Children up to the age of 3 years old should be checked every three months. From 3 years onwards, a 6 monthly check is sufficient. Children's feet will continue to grow until their mid-late teens.
Why did my child measure differently between stores?
Fitting is an art as well as a skill. It requires several years experience and training to become a Shoes & Sox Fitting Specialist. At Shoes & Sox we pride ourselves on having the highest fitting standards and the best fitting team in the business.
My child appears to have a walking/foot problem. What should I do?
In the first instance consult your doctor. If necessary your doctor will refer you to either an Orthopaedic Surgeon or Podiatrist. If you are not happy with your doctor's advice get a second opinion.
Should my child be the same size across both feet?
Many children have one foot bigger than the other. Generally the difference is slight and does not require two pairs of shoes. A Shoes & Sox Fit Consultant will assess the required shoe size based on the larger foot.
When is a proper fit no longer critical to my child?
Even when your child's foot looks more like an adult's, it is still growing and vulnerable. Children's feet stop growing at approximately mid-late teens. Until then, the correct shape and fitting is as critical as it was when they took their first steps. If you have any further questions regarding fitting or kids foot health, feel free to ask our Fit Consultants in store.
How do I know the correct size for my child?
The best fit will always come from visiting one of our Shoes & Sox stores where a Shoes & Sox Fit Consultant will fit your child’s feet. However, if that is not possible, then the next best way is to use our custom Measure & Fit Tool that you can download now. It will guide you with instructions to assess the best size for your child.
How do I know which pair is the right size?
There are several different shoe-size systems used worldwide. Since we stock shoes from around the world, the sizing within our range reflects their region of origin. At Shoes & Sox we stock ranges with Australian and UK (AU/UK), American (US) and European (EU) sizing. We have taken a few steps to help you determine the correct shoe size for your child at home:
- We have included the shoe-size system in the product description of every shoe, e.g. This shoe is in AU/UK sizing.
- If you know your child’s shoe size in a particular format, use our Conversion Table to find the equivalent size in AU/UK, EU or US sizing. This table can also be found on our Measure & Fit At Homepage or by pressing the ‘size guide’ button that can be found underneath every product description.
- If you have used our Measure & Fit Tool, then once you plug your measurements into our Shoe Size Calculator the size result will be shown in AU/UK, US and EU sizes.
- If you need any help measuring your child’s feet please Contact Us directly.
What does the 0 in front of the number of some your sizes mean?
We have placed a ‘0’ in front of the junior sizes to differentiate between the junior and senior versions of the AU/UK and US shoe-size systems. This helps avoid mix-ups and errors when ordering. For example, a toddler size 5 will be displayed as ‘05’ and a senior size 5 simply as ‘5’.
How do I know my child’s Age category when searching for shoes?
We have divided our shoes into 4 different Age categories to help you filter through the search results when shopping online:
- Prewalkers. These shoes range from AU size 02 - 05 and are specifically designed to assist and support children as they learn to walk.
- Toddlers. These shoes range from AU size 04 – 09 and are designed for children aged approximately 1 – 3 years old.
- Junior. These shoes range from AU size 010 – 2 and are designed for children aged approximately 4 – 9 years old.
- Senior. These shoes range from AU size 3+ and are designed for children aged approximately 9 years old upwards.
Will I receive a Frequent Buyers Bonus Card with my online purchases and can I redeem my free 7th pair online?
You will receive an FBB card for every full price pair of shoes purchased online, however it will be posted to your mailing address separate to your shoes. Once you receive 6 x FBB cards please contact us for information on how to redeem your FREE pair.
What is your loyalty program?
Our Frequently Buyers Program is simple:
- Every time you purchase a full price pair of shoes from Shoes & Sox, you receive one of our Frequent Buyers Bonus Cards (FBB Card) which displays the value of the shoes.
- Once you have collected 6 cards, you can redeem your cards for your 7th pair of shoes FREE to the average value of your 6 pairs.
- It’s important to note that cards are not provided when a shoe is purchased as part of a promotion. Each FBB card is valid for 2 years. Lost or stolen FBB cards cannot be replaced.
Will I receive a Frequent Buyers Bonus Card with my online purchases?
Yes, your FBB card will be sent to the address you provided in your Account. Please note that your FBB cards will arrive separately to your shoe delivery.
How do I redeem my free pair of shoes in store?
Simply take your 6 x FBB cards to your nearest Shoes & Sox store. At the checkout, show your cards to your sales assistant who will calculate the average value of your 6 pairs, and deduct that from the full price value of your "free” pair. If your average value is equal to, or more than, the price of your "free” pair, you will receive the pair entirely for free.
How do I redeem my free pair of shoes online?
Once you have collected your 6 x FBB cards, you will need a special discount code to redeem your free pair online. Please contact us for more information and for instructions on how to send us your FBB cards in exchange for your discount code.
How should I clean my footwear?
In general we recommend the following guidelines (If you have specific questions please email us).
- Cleaning - On a regular basis, brush away any surface dirt with a soft brush. After extended, rugged use, wash with mild soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse all soap off as it is hydrophilic.
- Drying - Open footwear fully, remove the insole and laces and dry at room temperature. Never expose to heat!
- Conditioning - Recommended treatment depends on construction and materials of the footwear (most treatments do alter colour and appearance).
How can I work for Shoes & Sox?
Thank you for your interest in Shoes & Sox. As a Brand Collective business, Shoes & Sox is always looking for qualified individuals. To find out more about career opportunities, please visit the Careers section of the Brand Collective website where you will be able to view all Brand Collective job postings.
Is the colour I see on the website the actual colour of the shoe?
How to care for your Shoes & Sox?
We know you want your favourite shoes to last for a long period of time so here’s some tips for taking care of them. Our Shoe care range, available at Shoes & Sox retail outlets will keep your shoes in the best condition.
- We suggest using our Rain and Stain repellent to protect your leather, Suede and Nubuck from dirt and moisture.
- Use our Cleaner and Conditioner to prolong the life of smooth, oiled leather.
- To clean the footbeds spray with our Sandal and Shoe Refresher.
- If your suede or nubuck shoes need restoring, our Suede and Nubuck Block and Brush Kit will do the trick.
- Our Tough Spot Remover can be used if you accidently get ink on your shoes.
- Our Oiled Leather Sponge or Cream Polish will bring the shine on your shoes up to its very best.
Storing your shoes:
Shoes are literally made to be worn, storing your shoes for an extended amount of time can result in a condition known as hydrolysis. Factors beyond our control, such as humidity, temperature & moisture can cause polyurethane soles to break down. This is not a condition that is exclusive to Shoes & Sox it affects a wide range of shoe brands. If you do choose to store them please do so in a cool, dry place. Don’t keep your shoes tucked away, pop them on and enjoy unbeatable comfort.
Where is my order?
If you have made your purchase as a registered member, you can track your orders' progress via a link to Australia Post or Toll on the My Account page.
How much does shipping cost and how long does it take for my order to arrive?
We offer free standard shipping on all orders over $59.95; orders below this value are charged at a flat rate of $9.95. Express shipping is available at a flat rate of $14.95. Your products are shipped from our warehouse in Victoria and our standard shipping option delivers in 2-6 business days for most Metro and inner-regional postcodes, excluding WA. In busy trading periods, orders may take longer due to high volumes.
Orders placed before noon AEST will be packed and dispatched on the same day. Once dispatched with Australia Post, expected delivery times for each region are as follows:
- 1-2 business days – Victoria
- 1-3 business days NSW, ACT, SA & QLD metro and most regional areas*
- 2-5 business days WA, NT, Tasmania*
- 1-3 business days Victoria
- 2-6 business days NSW, ACT, SA & QLD metro and most regional areas*
- 3-10 business days WA, NT, Tasmania*
*Outer-regional areas may experience slightly longer shipping times
Can I order online and collect from a retailer that sells Shoes & Sox?
No, when shopping online at https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/, all items are shipped direct from our warehouse.
Why is there a delay between the dispatch email and delivery?
We send a dispatch email when the parcel leaves us. Depending on the shipping service you've chosen, your parcel will then spend a certain amount of time in transit before being delivered to you.
Can I send an order to another address?
Yes, you can send your order to another address other than your registered address, which is useful if you're sending gifts.
Can I change or cancel my order?
What is the returns, exchange and refunds policy?
We currently don't provide exchanges of styles/sizes, you can however submit a return and re-order a replacement product. You can request a return within 28 days of your order by contacting our customer service team on 03 8671 1746 and quoting name/email address or your order number (provided in your email receipt).
Can I return my purchase in a retail store?
Yes, you are able to return any unworn items to our Shoes & Sox retail stores. Please make sure the shoes are unworn and unused with the original tags still attached - we are unable to accept shoes with dirty marks or damaged soles. We recommend you call ahead to avoid disappointment, please use the Store Locator to contact your preferred Shoes & Sox store. Proof of Purchase will be required for all exchanges or refunds, this can be in the form of a confirmation email or bank statement. If your item(s) were purchased with PayPal you will be required to show your PayPal proof of purchase. Please note you are unable to return any items instore if you have purchased with Afterpay and will need to contact us at email@example.com so we can assist you in organising a return and refund.
How can I return faulty products?
Shoes & Sox takes extreme care in ensuring our goods are of the highest quality. However, if for any reason you find a defect or fault with one of our products we would like to help you resolve the problem.
If you have purchased your Shoes & Sox product from a Retailer, you need to return to Retailer from which you purchased your shoes from. If you have purchased online at https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/, please view our Refunds and Returns page.
What are my options when I return an item bought from https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/?
Shoes & Sox will gladly accept returns for all faulty items. We will accept all change of mind items within 28 days of purchase provided those items are accompanied with proof of purchase (which may include the invoice, credit card or other payment statement), unworn and in original packaging. Whether your item was faulty or you've just changed your mind, Shoes & Sox provides three returns options:
- 1. For exchanges of size or colour - We will offer you a refund. We do not offer exchanges online, however you can submit a return and re-order a replacement product.
- 2. For returns due to a complete change of mind - We will offer you a refund.
- 3. If your product is or becomes faulty - The goods will be assessed by the Customer Service team and if deemed faulty we will offer you a refund of the purchase price, a store credit or replacement if the product is still available.
How long will it take to get a refund?
Once your goods have been received by Shoes & Sox, please allow up to 10 working days for your refund to be processed back to your account.
What will happen if I return an item purchased with my Gift Card?
If any product purchased with a Gift Card is returned for an exchange or refund, any money refunded will be automatically credited to the original Gift Card.
Who gets refunded if I return a gift?
The refund will be credited to the original card or account used to purchase the gift.
What are my payment options?
We accept payment via MasterCard, Visa, Store Credit. We also accept payments made via your PayPal account.
How secure is my credit card and personal information?
We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe and secure online experience. We have taken measures to ensure that your credit card and personal details are kept safe at all times.
Do prices include GST?
Yes - all prices are displayed in Australian Dollars, including GST.
Do you charge for delivery?
We offer FREE standard delivery on all orders over $59.95, orders below this value are charged at a flat rate of $9.95. Standard shipping will take 3 to 10 working days from receipt of your order using Australia Post or Toll.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Standard shipping will take 3 to 10 working days from receipt of your order using Australia Post or Toll.
Can I order online and collect from a Shoes & Sox store?
No, when shopping online at https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/ all items are shipped direct from our warehouse.
What is your returns policy?
Shoes & Sox Online is confident that you will be happy with your purchase. If for any reason this is not the case, you are able to return your full price item(s) within 28 days of the order date for a refund and return your sale item(s) within 7 days for a website credit. The customer is responsible for all associated costs to return items to us (unless faulty). Shoes & Sox will not take responsibility for returned items not received if registered post is not used. Under the Australian Consumer Law, consumer guarantees outline that goods are to be of acceptable quality, fit for purpose and same as the sample. You may NOT be entitled to a refund, exchange or credit if goods fail to meet a consumer guarantee. We have 5 conditions of return for change of mind; item(s) must be returned:
- Within 28 days of receiving your purchase
- Unworn and unused with the original tags still attached - we are unable to accept shoes with dirty marks or damaged soles
- FBB Card for full price item(s)
- In the original shoe box which must be in the original condition
- Postage is non-refundable
Can I simply return my order through the post?
Yes. You can return your online order by Post; however the cost of return postage is at your expense. To return the item(s), please contact our online customer support team firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to initiate a return for you, just include the following details:
- Order #
- Details of the item you wish to return
Can I exchange my online purchase?
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer exchanges for online purchases through our Returns Centre. You are however able to exchange or return a product in any of our retail stores. If you are unable to access one of our stores, you will need to contact us at email@example.com so we can assist you in organising a return and refund.
When should I expect a refund?
Refunds will automatically be processed back onto the credit card used to make the original purchase once we have received the returned product into our warehouse. Please allow up to 5 working days for your refund to be processed. Please keep in mind your financial institute can take an extra few days to return the funds to your account.
My goods have arrived faulty, how do I get a refund?
Shoes & Sox takes extreme care in ensuring our goods are of the highest quality. However, if your item(s) is faulty, or are not of acceptable quality we will refund or exchange the product for you. You will need to provide proof of purchase (which may include invoice or credit/debit card statement) at the time of making return. You will not be entitled to return products where too much time has passed since you purchased the product. In assessing whether too much time has passed, we can take into account the type of product, its likely use, the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used and the amount of use the product could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the problem or fault became apparent.
Do I have to spend the exact amount on my gift card?
No. If your purchase amount is less than the value of the gift card you can use the balance for a purchase at a later date. If your purchase is more than the value on the Gift card you can use any other acceptable payment to make up the full amount.
Can I return product purchased with a gift card?
Yes. The normal Shoes & Sox return policy applies to any product purchased with a gift card. Keep in mind that the refund will be credited to the account used to purchase the gift card.
Can I choose the value of the Gift Card?
Yes. Gift Cards are available in any amount from $30 to $500.
Where can a Gift Card be used?
Whether you purchase a Shoes & Sox gift card from https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/ or at one of our Shoes & Sox stores the recipient can spend either at both locations. To redeem a gift card at https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/, navigate to the cart page simply select ‘Add a Gift Card’ and then enter your voucher number and your four-digit pin to apply its value to your cart. You can also use your Shoes & Sox gift voucher bought online to spend at any Shoes & Sox store. Simply bring in a printed version of the gift voucher and present it when you pay at the counter.
How do I use my Gift Card?
To check the amount remaining on your Gift Card, simply Log In to your account and select the 'Gift Vouchers' tab. If you don’t have an account you are able to query your balance here. To redeem a gift card at https://www.shoesandsox.com.au/, navigate to the cart page simply select ‘Add a Gift Card’ and then enter your voucher number and your four-digit pin to apply its value to your cart.
How can I check my gift card balance?
How long is my Gift Card valid?
The gift card is valid for 3 (three) years from date of issue. To check the expiration date on your Gift Card, simply Log In to your account and select the 'Gift Vouchers' tab. If you don’t have an account you are able to query your Gift Voucher expiration date here.
What are Gift Cards?
Gift Cards are a great way to share your love of Shoes & Sox with your family and friends to celebrate any occasion. Gift Cards bought online will be sent to the recipient via email, so be careful to enter their details carefully.
What is an online review?
We love hearing feedback on our products, because as a valued customer your opinion is important to us. We've provided some guidelines to make sure that your feedback remains helpful to other customers as well. To keep it fair and consistent we only post reviews that are in adherence with these guidelines. So here's an idea of how best to do it:
- Keep feedback based on the product only and your experience of using the product. E.g. size, fabric, how it makes you feel?
- Be honest - tell us what you like about the product and what you don't like about the product.
- Keep it clean, get to the point and provide helpful feedback for others.
- We are not about anything offensive, racist, crude, so inappropriate comments won't be posted accordingly.
Also to protect your privacy we can't post any personal information, so use of a nickname for the review is the best way to go. Links to other websites and references to other retailers is also potentially misleading to visitors, so we won't post this info either. But if you want to talk to us about anything concerning prices, promotions, shipping, customer service or details that are personal to your purchase then we would love to hear from you, Contact Us.
What is a promo code?
A promo code is a series of numbers and letters that gives you to a specific discount or percentage off your purchase when entered at the shopping cart. An example of a promo code could be, "enter promo code '123ABC' in the shopping cart to receive x% off". This promo would come with certain terms and conditions and will often be time sensitive. Promo codes are not to be confused with gift vouchers, which need to be entered at the cart page before checkout
I forgot to add a promo code to my order. Can it still be applied?
Unfortunately, no. Promo codes can only be applied in the shopping cart screen at time of purchase.
Is my personal data safe if I create an account?
Are my credit or debit card details saved?
No, we don't save any of your payment details, which means you will have to enter them each time you place an order, but at least you know there's no risk.
I'm not sure I've successfully completed my order
When you have successfully completed your order, you will receive a confirmation email within 15 - 30 minutes. If you don't receive an email, please get in touch with our customer service team. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder first!
Why do I need an account?
As a member you'll pretty much have the run of the place. You can:
- Check out faster when making a purchase.
- Check the status of your orders.
- See any of your past orders.
- Change your account details, including password.
- Store any extra shipping addresses.
Can't find an answer in our FAQ? No problem!
Feel free to send us a message using the below form or call our friendly customer service team on 03 8671 1746
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm AEST